Wrongful Death and Permanent Injury Attorney in Kansas City, MO
Experienced Wrongful Death or Permanent Injury Attorney at Saxton Law Firm
At Saxton Law Firm in Kansas City, MO, we approach your case with your best interest in mind. We understand the despair and anxiety that you’re feeling after the loss of a loved one due to carelessness or negligence. Our team is here to listen to you and your story and try to assist and help answer any questions that you may have about the legal process. Our team of experienced and knowledgeable legal professionals understanding the complexity and nuance of wrongful death cases and will work tirelessly to ensure that you and your family achieve the best possible outcome. Our office has local roots and is dedicated to assisting families in the Kansas City area as they attempt to move forward from such a profound loss. If you have been through such an incident, please give us a call so we can help you. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
When a family member dies unexpectedly, it’s natural for the surviving members to ask: why did this happen? Should it have happened? Could it have been prevented?” At Saxton Law Firm, we cultivate those questions. Our wrongful death expertise and legal team will investigate possible instances of negligence and recklessness that contributed to the untimely death of a loved one. You can rely on us to provide devoted and thorough representation while focusing on the best interest of you and your family. No one can undo the loss of a loved one. But our team can counsel you regarding your options related to the negligence that caused the harm to our life, such as:
- Funeral and Burial Costs
- Loss of Future Wages
- Medical Expenses
- Emotional Pain and Mental Anguish
- Punitive Damages
Types of Wrongful Death Claims
Wrongful death means that a person was killed unnecessarily, and that person would not have died were it not for the carelessness of some other company or person. Unfortunately, people are unnecessarily killed in a wide variety of situations. If you believe that has happened to a loved one, it is essential that you choose an experienced legal firm to help you. At Saxton Law Firm, we have assisted countless families through the delicate and painful process of evaluating the circumstances related to the death of their family members. Our team has a comprehensive understanding of the law and how it relates to your specific claim and we have experience litigating the following types of wrongful death matters:
- Vehicle Accidents – Vehicle accidents that lead to a family member’s death due to the recklessness and negligence of another driver can be brought to civil court for wrongful death.
- Serious Injuries – If your family member has succumbed to severe injury, there can be a case made for wrongful death.
- Slips and Falls – Proper signage for hazards is not only necessary, it is legally required. If wrongful death could have been avoided, we can help.
- Nursing Home Abuse – You trust nursing homes to care for your elderly loved ones. If they betray that trust, you have legal recourse.
- Medical Malpractice – Doctors and nurses who ignore or fail to acknowledge crucial medical information can be liable in a wrongful death claim.
- Defective Products – If a product fails to disclose all the potential side effects or proper use, which leads to death, they can be held accountable.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
The state of Missouri allows for specific family members to file a wrongful death lawsuit within several years of the death of a family member. The victim’s spouse, children, and grandchildren can pursue justice on behalf of their family members. Siblings also have a right to file a claim if the deceased has no other surviving parents, spouse, children, or grandchildren.
Choose the Right Representation
When litigating a wrongful death suit in civil court, you should be adequately prepared to ensure the best outcome for you and your family. At Saxton Law Firm, we have considerable experience assisting families in these kinds of awful situations. Our professional team will help your family through the painful process and provide you with the best possible expert advice. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Your Best Interest
- Quality Legal Assistance
- Qualified Legal Professional
- Free Initial Legal Consultation
- Devoted to Representing the Right of Individuals