Auto Accident Attorney in Kansas City, MO
Experienced Auto Accident Lawyers Saxton Law Firm
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident either as a pedestrian or driver, you need to speak to a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer to protect yourself and your rights. Saxton Law Firm has specific expertise assisting individuals with compensation for injuries suffered at the hands of negligent or careless drivers. We treat every client we serve with the same dedication to ensure an outcome in your favor. Our knowledgeable team has a complex understanding of local and state traffic law, so we can aggressively pursue your case in civil court. Contact our team today to schedule your free legal consultation.
Why Do I Need an Auto Accident Attorney?
If you are involved in an auto accident through no fault of your own, you need to consult an attorney. Insurance companies are not your friend and their interest is to save money at your expense. They may dissuade you from reaching out to an attorney or ask you to make statements about the events leading up to the accident to delegitimize your claim. This is all an effort to pay you as little or nothing for your damages if possible. Our auto accident attorney can help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Americans are spending more time in their car than ever before. According to the National Highway Traffic Administration, a car accident happens once every 60 seconds. Luckily, if you’ve been injured in an automobile accident through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to compensation based on damages and the injuries you’ve sustained. Common risk factors for auto accidents include:
- Drunk Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Texting While Driving
- Faulty Vehicle
Types of Injuries You May Sustain in an Accident
Depending on the severity and nature of the automobile accident, you may suffer from short-term or long-term effects of your injury as well as emotional trauma. Your injuries may result in chronic pain, which prevents you from carrying out your work duties and enjoy daily activities. Throughout 15 years of representing our clients, we have experienced it all and know how to best represent you in civil court. Common injuries include:
- Brain Damage
- Broken Bones
- Internal Bleeding
- Eye Injuries
Steps to Take After an Accident
Following an accident, there are steps you should take to ensure that your rights are being protected – that process starts with making sure that the circumstances of the accidents are correctly documented and reported. This will help you recoup the appropriate compensation for damages and recover if you are injured. Failing to follow these steps may lead to differing interpretations of the events leading up to the accident. If you are in an accident, driver should take these steps:
- File a Police Report – When you file an official police report, the local authorities will document their findings. The information is used to verify the events of the accident.
- Exchange Information – Exchanging registration and insurance information with the other driver allows you to file a claim with their insurance agency more easily. It’s also helpful to have their information on hand.
- Take Pictures – Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle as well as the driver’s vehicle. This can be used to show where the impact occurred. It may also be helpful to take pictures of the intersection, signage, and traffic flow.
- Get Medical Attention – Even if you’ve been in a minor car accident, you should seek medical attention. The symptoms of minor injuries may not be immediately apparent.
What Can I Expect For Compensation?
A car accident can be physically and financially damaging. However, Saxton Law Firm’s experts are here to help you collect on the compensation you rightfully deserve. Our knowledgeable team of experienced legal professionals with the guidance of our automobile attorney will help you recover the most from your accident. We’ll consider property damages, lost wages, past and future medical expenses, emotional trauma, and punitive damages, when coming up with a fair compensation amount. Choose an attorney that will work for you. Call us today for a free consultation.
Your Best Interest
- Quality Legal Assistance
- Qualified Legal Professional
- Free Initial Legal Consultation
- Devoted to Representing the Right of Individuals