Personal Injury Lawyers in Kansas City, MO
At Saxton Law Firm in Kansas City, MO, we understand the various ways that insurance companies attempt to avoid paying for injuries that they are responsible for. If you or a family member has been hurt due to an unfortunate accident, we can help you assert your rights. Insurance companies are interested in spending as little as possible to settle your claim.
Every injury case is unique and comes with distinct issues that need to be evaluated individually. Our team can provide you with a detailed approach after considering the circumstances of your life. To learn more about how our firm can stand up for you against an insurance company, please set up your free consultation.
Different Types Of Personal Injury Claims
A personal injury claim is any claim for compensation when you’re injured as a result of an accident or the negligence of another party. Basically, if you or your property sustained damaged through no fault of your own, you deserve to be able to pay for it.
There are several common types of personal injury claims:
● Premises Liability: You’re hurt because a property owner failed to adequately maintain their property or provide adequate security.
● Car Accident: You’re hurt in an accident due to another driver’s negligence.
● Product Liability: You’re hurt as a result of a malfunction from a defective product.
● Medical Malpractice: You’re hurt as a result of mistakes made by the medical professionals who cared for you.
● Wrongful Death and Catastrophic Injury: Another party’s negligence results in your death or serious injury.
● Assault, Battery, and Other Intentional Torts: Personal injury claims can also be brought against a party that injures you on purpose.
Each of these has different considerations in a personal injury claim, and ultimately, a different burden that you and your attorneys need to show in court to get the compensation you deserve.
What Are Damages In A Personal Injury Suit?
Immediately after an injury or accident, you need to contact your lawyer. The team at the Saxton Law Firm has been helping bring negligent parties to justice for years, and we can help you sort out the aftermath of an accident to maximize the value of your claim. We’ll help you compile medical paperwork, documentation of the accident, evidence, witness statements, and more.
You’ll be given the chance to state your case in a civil court hearing, in which an expert lawyer is key in helping show that your injuries were the result of another party’s mistakes. Whether you’re owed compensation from an insurance provider or from the responsible party, the Saxton Law Firm can ensure that you’re able to request damages equal to the value of your injury plus extenuating circumstances.
Damages are what’s awarded to the plaintiff in a personal injury suit. In court, once liability and fault are established, the judge may award damages for the following:
●Present and future medical bills
●Lost earnings in the present and future
●Cost to replace or repair damaged property
●Costs of canceled trips or plans
●Pain and suffering
●Damage to relationships
With the help of the Saxton Law Firm in Kansas City, MO, you can get the compensation you deserve and get back on your feet in as little time as possible.
Set up your free consultation by calling us at (816) 810-3207.
Your Best Interest
- Quality Legal Assistance
- Qualified Legal Professional
- Free Initial Legal Consultation
- Devoted to Representing the Right of Individuals