FAQs about Fire Insurance Claim Denial
Having your house or business destroyed by fire is traumatic. What you need is the benefit of your insurance. When your insurance company denies your claim or minimized the value of your life, it is additionally painful. We understand how difficult and emotional this time can be, which is why having a Kansas City, MO, attorney experienced in handling fire insurance claims is important. If you find yourself in this situation, please reach out to our team of experts at Saxton Law Firm so we can evaluate your situation and whether you are being treated fairly.
As a resource to help you in the meantime, we have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions we’ve received.
- What do I do if my claim is denied or I receive only partial repairs? If you have been underpaid or received a fire insurance claim denial, you must immediately begin to document everything between you and your insurance provider. This means all letters, emails, texts, and any interaction or conversation. If a call takes place over the telephone, do your best to receive written confirmation. Then, start collecting all documents and photos of the damages to your home, as this will be absolutely vital. Once you have done this, contact our law firm so we can put you in touch with one of our fire insurance claim lawyers. Bring all documentation with you to your consultation.
- Do I need to retain counsel from a fire insurance claim lawyer? We strongly recommend you do so, as we have years of experience in dealing with the tactics insurance companies may attempt. In addition, we have a deep knowledge of your rights and are able to interpret the often complex language in terms and contracts. We also know how to expertly negotiate with your insurance company, and most importantly, maximize your property claim settlement.
- How do I know I’ve chosen the right lawyer? Your lawyer needs to have years of experience handling fire insurance denial claims; general practitioners tend to not have enough experience to effectively handle these kinds of cases. Also, be sure to find out about upfront costs and compensation.
- How do I know if the offer I received was adequate? As a general rule of thumb, never accept the first offer or estimate; contact our Kansas City, MO, fire insurance claim attorneys for a free consultation. Your insurance company may be playing hardball, so we ensure you will receive the maximum compensation possible. Some common tactics insurance companies may pull include blaming the damage on wear and tear, claiming the damage sustained was only cosmetic, or simply underpaying certain repairs. If you suffer from delays when it comes to your insurance company handling your claim, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Are there other issues to be on the lookout for? Yes, absolutely. In addition to fire insurance claim denials or lowball payments, you may find yourself dealing with unnecessarily complex claims, disputes, or bad faith claims. This is determined when an insurance company is found to not be acting in good faith (when they misrepresent facts or threaten you), contact us immediately to ensure you receive proper legal representation.
Call (816) 439-7072 to schedule your free fire insurance claim consultation!
Your Best Interest
- Quality Legal Assistance
- Qualified Legal Professional
- Free Initial Legal Consultation
- Devoted to Representing the Right of Individuals